Firstly, this bundle will support Achievement Objective 2.1 from our Te Reo Curriculum
Te Aho Arataki Marau mō te Ako i Te Reo Māori – Kura Auraki.
This is our Curriculum Guidelines for Teaching and Learning Te Reo Māori in English-medium Schools: Years 1-13.
1.4 communicate about personal information, such as [their] name, parents’ and grandparents’ names
2.1 communicate about relationships between people
In addition, these Learning Intentions can be used:
• recognise, understand, and use familiar words about ourselves and our whānau
• recognise, understand, and use short phrases about ourselves and our whānau
• ask and answer simple questions about another person’s whānau
The Bundle includes-
1.Tōku whānau Banner (3 x A4 width)
2.Te Whakapapa-Family Tree Poster (2 x A4 Length)
3. Family names (Brother, sister, mum etc)
There are a variety of names for brothers and sisters, (unlike English)
Sister (older, younger)
Brother( older, younger)
4. Flow chart-Child friendly, on how to name your siblings-(this helps immensely as there are a number of variations)
5. Editable labels for Family Tree
6. Whakapapa Template
7. Achievement Object 2.1 examples (sentences)
Finally, it will integrate well with an “About me” or Tūrangawaewae topic.