Weaving More Te Reo Into Your Teaching Practice
Are you looking for some inspiration, new ideas and support to kick-start or re-vamp your te reo
programme in 2020?
I am offering Professional Development to kaiako in mainstream schools who are:
- looking for new ways to integrate te reo throughout their day
- teaching Years 0-8
- wanting a scaffolded approach to their te reo lessons
- part of the school’s Curriculum Māori Team
- te reo Māori kaiako responsible for teaching room to room
- beginning their te reo journey
- mentor teachers
- Tumuaki (Principals)
For those of you who are returning for another workshop-the structure will be the
same but different resources.
I am thrilled to be bringing the te reo Māori classroom to these Auckland locations:
- MIT Manukau-Pasifika Centre- Manukau
- Greenhithe School-Greenhithe
- Mary Mackillop Centre- Kohimarama
On completion you will have a kete of resources to help you:
- extend your te reo into other areas of your akomanga
- implement second language teaching techniques
- further engage learners through games and activities
- integrate te reo into your reading programme
MIT Manukau-Pasifika Centre
Otara-Saturday 29th Feb 2020 Form here
8 Greenhithe Rd
North Shore- Saturday 21st March Form here
Mary Mackillop Centre
30 Holgate Rd
Kohimarama –Friday 17th April 2020 (Holidays) Form here
Ko wai au? Who am I?
Ko Michele Coxhead tōku ingoa.
I have taught te reo in mainstream schools from years 0-9.
I currently help schools to implement more te reo throughout their learning spaces
and run workshops at various locations including Kohia Teachers Centre
Tāmaki Makaurau. For more info you can visit
See you there,
Ngā mihi nui,